“We strongly believe that no country should have to sacrifice economic prosperity or energy security in pursuit of environmental sustainability.” - Special White House adviser Preston Wells Griffith speaking at a U.S. side event outside of the formal COP24 conference,
And Democracy Now's intrepid Amy Goodman attempts to interview Mr Griffith.
On the other hand, "U.S. cities, states and other actors have set up a separate presence in Katowice to reassure the rest of the world that there are parts of America still keen to tackle climate change." They have formed the
Democrats are talking about the Green New Deal:
"The Green New Deal aspires to cut U.S. carbon emissions fast enough to reach the Paris Agreement’s most ambitious climate goal. . . and remake the country in the process. It promises to give every American a job in the new economy."
and news from Twitter
Florida Democratic Party's summary of the 2018 elections results.
* Florida Democrats will launch rigorous voter registration programs statewide.
* Improve outreach to persuadable voters and expand the rural outreach programs we began in 2018.
* Florida Democrats will continue building on their infrastructure, investing in new data and technology to expand its base in 2019.
* Will prioritize voter education in all 67-counties, with even greater investments in our County Democratic Parties.
* Expand candidate recruitment and investment in municipal races in order to build a bench of strong Democratic elected leaders statewide
Find local Democratic clubs in all areas of Manatee county, and the caucuses for Young Democrats, and for Hispanic, Veteran, Black, LGBTA, Women, and Progressive voters.
Work in your community to support and grow the Democratic Party in Manatee County.
Help out at the HQ office, or with Fundraising, Communications, Travelling Dems.